13 June 2007

Xela won the national cup (I don't actually know what it's called - I'm just making that up), which meant for lots of drunken rampaging through the streets and even more fireworks than usual (who knew that was possible?!).

Rainy season started. Boo. But, it's actually not that bad. Unlike in New England, you know that the rain will stop and you will get some sunshine before it all starts over again. Basically, it rains nearly every day without fail in the evenings and sometimes afternoons.

My mini trip to Guatemala City was great. I stayed in a hostel type place where Che Guevara stayed back in the day. I didn't get robbed. My visa got renewed painlessly. Jeremy and Marlisa are here, which is also great. I somehow picked up a Honduran suitor in Guate, which was not so great.

My eyes have taken to being blood shot for the past 5 days, which again results in many questions akin to 'what the hell happened to you', but in Spanish.

I still haven't found a replacement for my volunteer job at TRAMA, which means my traveling plans will be modified a bit because I won't be able to take off from Xela quite yet.

I keep meaning to update this, but don't quite get to it.

No comments: