24 January 2008

A bit sentimental

As my times winds down here in Xela, I have become more astute to the niceties of those that I know and the particular people and situations that I will miss.

Last Tuesday there was a giant despedida (going away party) in the office for four people (including me) that are leaving their jobs in Habitat. Granted, I don't think that were it to be just me leaving, not the others, that it would be such a grand fanfare. But, regardless, it was incredibly touching. I have only been there a short five months and some change, and I travel a lot, so I am unfortunately not in the office that much.

But, I am left dumbstruck by how kind everyone has been to me in my short time here. From emails to hugs to random text messages saying May God bless you (or related other things) to teary goodbyes, it's made quite the impression on me. And I am incredibly thankful for it.

No comments: