25 January 2010

New time, new options.

So we're still at the kibbutz, still attempting to figure the immediate future out. At this point in time we have approximately four options - three of which involve goat farms, and one of which involves volunteering on Noam's sister's kibbutz with a center for mentally handicapped people.

The weather, although cold for Israeli standards, has been relatively pleasant. Much warmer than in Spain, that's for sure. And even though we've had epic rainstorms in the past week-ish (again, for Israeli standards - think as much rain in the desert in a few days as normally for a whole year). The rain here is easier to accept in many ways because it's such a dry region. At any rate, I'm focusing on reading, sleeping, and trying to feel healthier mentally and physically. Mostly we're just trying to figure out what will come next, and I'm trying to not obsess over it.

We're looking forward to an exciting visit of one Caroline M in about a week and a half, which should finally bring about my first visit to Jerusalem. Hebrew continues to be a difficult language, and Noam's relatives have decided that it's amusing that I can gurgle out some words occasionally. I think I need to be in a class or spoken to constantly in Hebrew for anything new to sink in.

At any rate, still trying to figure out what sort of work I can do here and/or in the states in the coming months. (Eek). No news on that front! Hopefully within the next week we'll go to another place to volunteer. Until then!

1 comment:

rmg53 said...

I am talking to you right now! Yayy! <33