21 February 2008

"But don't you think Latinamerican men are more...tropical?"

...The guard in the Metro station asked me last night as I was waiting for a friend (who didn't show up). In fact, no, I do not think that. I think that the climate here is more "tropical" than where I am from, and that here people give kisses on the cheeks and hugs to greet friends and strangers alike, but no, I do not think that my fellow male North Americans are cold, unfriendly, or on the whole unattractive.

Perhaps I need to make myself a little sign to carry around that says something akin to Newsflash: I did not come to live in Latin America for "hot Latin nights".





[[Although the exchange ended in me getting hit on, we did manage to maintain an interesting conversation about the recession of the U.S. economy (Don't you think it's caused by everyone having to pay for the effects of Hurricane Katrina plus the war on Iraq?), love at first sight (The first time I was kissed by a girl I fell in love.), and the quality of Chilean education (You're lucky to have choices. Go to the private university).]]

1 comment:

CJ said...

while perhaps not your main objective in locating to chile, i think you ought to remain open to "hot latin nights."

i miss you
<3 take care